How Can I Save On Cooking Costs?
Saving money when cooking is an important part of life today but it can be easily overlooked. There are many ways to keep your costs down when cooking family meals and cooking on a budget.
So, How Can I Save On Cooking Costs?
You can save money on your cooking costs by paying attention to the amount of actual cooking time required. Recipes that have a low cooking time will naturally reduce the amount of energy you will use. We have also included 13 tips for saving money in the kitchen when cooking meals.
We have put together a selection of recipes below that will give you a cooked family with as little as 10 minutes of cook time. Quick cooking meals and recipes with step-by-step instructions. These quick cooking recipes are great to save money on energy bills and still cook amazing family meals. These delicious quick meal recipes take in flavors and inspiration from around the world – and they are easy to follow and cook in under 30 minutes.
Top 13 money-saving tips for cooking at home
1. Prepare all ingredients before you start cooking
2. Defrost food before cooking (This will reduce cooking time)
3. Cook as many things in the oven when using it. (For example use pyrex dishes to heat vegetables)
4. If you need hot water boil the kettle rather than heating on the stove
5. Where possible cook in one pan, pot or casserole dish or slow cooker
6. Cook in bulk (for example) large casseroles portion and freeze them for another meal
7. Put a lid on all pans
8. Use a steamer if you are cooking more than one vegetable on the hob
9. Use the correct size of pot or pan. (For example. If it’s too big you will be heating excess water)
10. Choose recipes with lower cooking times
11. Use a microwave where possible
12. Keep your hob and gas jets clean
13. Consider investing in a thermal cooker (Prices start around $95)
The lower the cooking time, the lower the cost!
Can You Make A Tasty Meal With 8 Or Less Ingredients?
Another great way to save money whilst cooking as well as looking at the cooking time is to reduce the number of ingredients you are using. But does this make your meal bland?
You can make some delicious meals using 8 ingredients or less. In fact, we have put together a selection of delicious recipes with helpful step-by-step instructions and tips. Some recipes only use three ingredients and they are arranged by helpful cooking times.
Saving You Time Finding The Best Dinner Recipes
These recipes are put into categories depending on whether they need no cooking or in bands of ten minutes up to 30 minutes. Now the cost of the actual ingredients will be another factor in saving money so we will be putting together another post to help you save even more money. This will be linked to this article once ready.
Not only do we want to save you time and money making meals, but we are also here to save you time finding them too. Quick Dinner Recipes are great for those of us who are busy – and the more we can find and add to our list, the more we can help.
That is why we are continually scouring the web for new foods and we will continue to find money-saving ideas to add to our website.
If you have any time-saving dinner ideas – or any other great tips for money-saving meals then we would love to get your input too.